Please note, the Environmental Funders Network (EFN) is managed by The Ecology Trust (a charity registered in England and Wales, number 1099222)
With respect to this website, EFN makes every effort to ensure that information contained in these pages is accurate. However, no liability is accepted arising from reliance upon information contained in these pages or any other information accessed via this site.
Whilst EFN endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, EFN or its contractors will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
EFN is committed to protecting your personal information, being transparent about what data we hold and giving you control over how we use it.
It is important for you to read this policy in full to understand what information we hold about you, how we may use it and how you can access, update and delete your personal information. However, if you don’t have time to read the whole policy now, here are the main reasons we collect different types of information:
- To contact current and potential environmental funders about upcoming events and resources that may be of use to them and to keep them abreast of current environmental and philanthropic issues.
- To understand which funders are supporting which kinds of issues, so that we might help make connections between funders when they request it.
- To conduct our ‘pulse-taking’ research into the state of the sector (for example, see our reports Passionate Collaboration?  and What the Green Groups Said ).
- To understand who is attending which events we organise, and to monitor the kinds of events that are most popular with/useful to funders.
- To monitor and evaluate usage of our website.
What information will EFN collect about me and how will it use it?
EFN does not collect data on website users, except in aggregate through Google Analytics. We do collect information from those who attend our events. We will also keep the names and organisations of those who ask us notto contact them, so that we can be sure not to contact them. We may collect and hold the following information about you:
- For funders, we may collect and hold your email address, organisation name, job title, first and surnames, and any EFN events you have attended. We may also keep notes on your philanthropic interests (if you have notified us of them) so we know which of our events to invite you to attend. We will use this information to contact you with EFN newsletters, inviting you to events, alerting you to useful resources and keeping you abreast of environmental issues. We will never share your information with a third party without your permission.
- For individuals whom we think might be interested in environmental philanthropy, we may collect and hold your email address, organisation name, job title, first and surnames, relevant notes (for example, environmental or philanthropy interests) and any EFN events you have attended. We gather this information from the public domain, from introductions from our members and contacts, or by individuals giving us their details. We carry out research to ensure that we only contact you if you are likely to have an interest in our work, and to tailor our event invitations and other communications to your interests. We will never share your information with a third party without your permission. We will never send you mass communications without your permission and you will always be able to unsubscribe from our mailings.
- For sector leaders (non-funders), if you complete one of our surveys of the sector, we will collect and hold all of the information requested in the survey, from your name and organisation to your organisation’s financial information and your responses to our questions about the state of the sector. The information will not be shared with any third party, except anonymised and aggregated with all of the other survey responses, without your permission.
- Information about usage of our website obtained from Google Analytics, which may include IP addresses. We use this to analyse activity on www.greenfunders.org. For example, this helps us to look at the number of visits to specific pages to track how useful those pages are.
What about spam?
We will only send you emails or other messages where you have signed up to receive these, or if we have a legitimate reason to believe that you are likely to be interested in our work. You will only receive EFN newsletters and other mass communications if you have signed up receive these.
We will always tell you how you can unsubscribe from our mass communications and other emails, invitations and messages, should you decide that you no longer wish to receive them.
How can I access and update my personal information?
You can contact us at any time to ask where we got your details from, what information we hold on you and to update it or ask us to delete it. Please contact us via our ‘Contact us’ page.
Will EFN share my information with anyone else?
EFN will never share your information with anyone outside of the organisation without your permission.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, including password protected databases, computers and phones with access to the databases. Our databases are only accessible by EFN staff members.
How do I contact EFN if have a question about privacy issues?
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy issues, you can use the form on our ‘Contact us’ page.
Access to your information
If you would like to know what personal information EFN holds about you and how we got your details, you may make a request for copies of this information. Please contact us via our ‘Contact us’ page.
Changes to this policy
Last updated: 24 May 2018
Further small print….
EFN is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing of linked websites shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time, and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
Information Supplied by Third Parties
Part of this site contains materials submitted to EFN by third parties. Opinions expressed within such materials do not necessarily represent the opinions of EFN. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site complies with national and relevant foreign law. EFN cannot guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material, misinterpretation and any all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information may be sought from the establishments concerned.
Copyright and Trademark Information
No part of this site may be reproduced or stored on any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without prior written permission from EFN. Any rights not expressly granted are reserved.
All text on the pages within the www.greenfunders.org domain are © Copyright EFN, unless otherwise stated, under Section 17 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Wherever text has been gathered and included in these pages by EFN, EFN has no objection to the use of that text for the purposes of any personal or educational use or private research. However, any use of the text in these pages for any commercial purposes is not authorised unless a licence is first obtained from EFN. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
All photographic images in the pages within the www.greenfunders.org domain are © copyright EFN except where stated under the “photographic credits” heading below, under Section 17 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Copyright for individual images is described below.
Icons and Artwork
All icons and artwork and other graphical images within the domain www.greenfunders.org, are © Copyright EFN, unless otherwise stated, under Section 17 of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988.
EFN owns the copyright of its logotypes and all other promotional logos. Unauthorised use of these by third parties is prohibited.
Additional information is available from the United Kingdom’s Copyright Licensing Agency or International Federation of Reproductions Rights Organisations.
Information on Visitors
When you request a page on www.greenfunders.org you send certain information in accordance with the HTTP protocol to our web server so that it knows where to send the data requested. This data includes the IP Address allotted to your computer. This data is saved and analysed to provide useful information on the amount of traffic to the website and the efficiency with which it is handled by our server. We do not routinely use the IP Address for any purpose but we retain the right to do so to track down any malicious traffic designed to interfere with our servers (e.g. viruses).
Notification of Changes
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
By using this site, you signify your acceptance of the terms and conditions of EFN. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, please do not use www.greenfunders.org and exit the site immediately. Your continued use of www.greenfunders.org following the posting of changes to these terms will mean that you are deemed to accept those changes.
Green forest landscape with trunks of trees covered with a moss
Image ID: 104773388
Copyright: Protasov AN
Power plant using renewable solar energy with sun
Image ID: 106124045
Copyright: Gencho Petkov
Young boy watering rows of vegetables in the family vegetable garden using a large blue plastic watering can
Image ID: 138963164
Copyright: Viacheslav Nikolae
Stubble, corn in a field by the setting sun
Image ID: 174153788
View of clouds and blue sky from high mountain
Image ID: 223495414
The European badger also called Eurasian badger and is (or was) part of a controversial cull in the UK
Image ID: 220465027
Copyright: Edward Hasting-Evans
Image ID: 1393441
Copyright: Tim Large
Canoeist paddles past flooded pub. River Ouse, York, North Yorkshire, UK.
Image ID: 8978719
Editorial Credit: ronfromyork / Shutterstock.com
Wind turbines farm at sunset
Image ID: 65944045
Copyright: WDG Photo
Clean, quiet water stream in Purcaraccia canyon, Corsica, France
Image ID: 146222645
Bees are flying insects closely related to wasps, ants. Known for their role in pollination and producing honey beeswax.
Image ID: 153314729
Copyright: Kjetil Kolbjornsrud
Colorful and foggy autumn forest
Image ID: 155488037
Garbage and wastes on the beach
Image ID: 155701844
Copyright: Fabien Monteil
Backdrop of ripening ears of yellow wheat field on the sunset
Image ID: 163044347
LONDON, ENGLAND, UK – OCTOBER 23: Row of double decker red buses waiting to depart on October 23, 2013 in London, England, UK
Image ID: 165301715
Editorial Credit: Claudio Divizia / Shutterstock.com Copyright: Claudio Divizia
Fish die due to water pollution / waste water
Image ID: 187956716
Shark and small fishes in ocean – nature background
Image ID: 228940147
Copyright: Tatiana Popova
Industrial port with containers
Image ID: 235029244
Devotees return to central Dhaka after attending the final prayers of the first phase of Bishwa Ijtema
Many photos were considered for inclusion on this website. If we have used one and not credited the owner/agency above, please accept our sincere apologies. We would be very grateful if you could let us know and we will credit the photo(s) accordingly.